Casual Dating Rules
Casual dating is getting increasingly popular in the UK but there are still plenty of people who haven't even heard of it before. One mistake that a lot of people seem to make is thinking that casual dating is just about sex, but this isn't necessarily true! Instead, why not see casual dating (also known as NSA dating) as a great way of keeping all of your options open and therefore finding out what type of person you're looking for? If you're thinking about giving it a shot, here are some rules that you should keep in mind:
- Experiment – The main reason that you decided to try out casual dating is probably so that you can find the right man/woman for you, so don't be afraid to experiment a bit. By this, we mean don't just talk to men or women that you'd usually be attracted to, why not try something a bit different for a change? You might be pleasantly surprised when you find a person that you never would've thought that you'd get along with, but you actually really enjoyed their company!
- Be Honest – It's very important that you're completely honest when it comes to casual dating. Make sure that the person that you start dating knows from the very beginning that you're not looking to get into a proper relationship because if you don't, things could get messy very quickly.
- Go Out – Casual dating is quite different from 'normal dating' when it comes to how often you go out with each other. In past relationships you've probably noticed that you might go out to restaurants, cinemas etc. when you first start dating, but after a while you don't really bother with those type of places anymore. Instead, you find yourself spending loads of time together in the house watching TV and so on. This isn't how casual dating works though, with casual dating you pretty much go out to nice places all of the time. After all, it's all about enjoying someone new in your life so what's the point in staying at home doing very little? Staying in Contact – Don't expect to always get calls or texts from the person that you're casually dating. You might be used to giving out to your partner if they don't text back or whatever during a certain period of time, but it's not really right to do this if you're casually dating a person. At the end of the day, the word 'casual' is in casual dating for a reason! So, remember not to go crazy if the person doesn't contact you every minute of the day.
- Keep Quiet – If you're dating more than one person at a time, don't tell the person that you're with that you're doing this since it'll just make them jealous which isn't good for either of you. Let's face it, in the dating world nobody wants to hear about their competition so try your best to keep it to yourself. We know how hard it can be sometimes to keep things like this to yourself, but we really do recommend that you do this.
- Respect – Just like other types of dating, it's important to remember that you need to respect whoever you're dating. If you go on a date with a person and you know from the start that there's no chemistry between you and your date, call it a day – don't pretend that you like them! There are plenty of people that are in the NSA dating scene so you're bound to find someone else that you have more chemistry with, and this is the same case for the person that you went on the date with so there's absolutely no need to feel bad to tell them that you don't want to go on another date with him or her.
They are just some of the many casual rules that you need to bear in mind if you're considering getting involved with casual dating. As you can see, the rules aren't that difficult but it's always nice to read up about things like this just to make sure that you're doing things the right way. Don't get too caught up worrying about these rules since casual dating is all about having some fun – so go out there and enjoy yourself!